Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g sweet potato, cubed
- 1 medium beetroot, cubed
- 1/2 bulb garlic
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 5 kale florets
- 1 1/2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon So Good™ Almond Milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Brush or spray sweet potato, beetroot, onion, asparagus, chickpeas and kale with oil.
- Place sweet potato, beetroot and garlic bulb on one tray. Arrange onion, asparagus, chickpeas and kale on a second tray.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200°C for 15 minutes, then remove second tray. Turn vegetables on first tray and bake a further 10–15 minutes to finish cooking sweet potato, beetroot and garlic.
- Cut puff pastry into six even squares and arrange on lined trays. Score a 1cm edge on pastry with a knife or fork. Prick inside pastry with a fork.
- Bake pastry in oven for 10 minutes.
- Mash together the sweet potato, garlic (squeezed out of bulb) and almond milk. Stir through rest of vegetables (except kale), salt, thyme and Cajun seasoning. Fold through kale.
- Divide mixture between the six pastry squares. Return to oven and bake for a further 10 minutes or until heated through and golden.
PER SERVE: Energy 1263 kJ / 301Cal; Protein 6.4g; Fat 14g; Saturated fat 5g; Carbohydrate 33g; Sugars 9g; Sodium 466mg; Potassium 455mg; Calcium 55mg; Iron 1.4mg.
Arrange each vegetable in a line and keep an eye on the roasting vegetables as they will all vary in their cooking time and you can remove them as they are cooked.
A bulb of garlic is the whole head of the garlic. A bulb is made up of segments of cloves. Roasting the bulb of garlic results in a milder sweeter garlic flavour.