Episode 131 - What is church?
What comes to mind when you hear the word "church"? An historical artefact or Hillsong? How about a grassroots movement of people making a difference in their local communities? That's what the leader of the Adventist Church in Sydney wants to see. Image: Nina Strehl_Unsplash
Episode 130 - The truth about death
The various beliefs about death and the afterlife seem trivial and irrelevant to many of us. That is, until we encounter the reality of death within our own circle. That's when it suddenly becomes important to get to the truth. Sydney's "Aussie pastor" Lloyd Grolimund says the Bible offers clear answers. Image: Unsplash_Ante Samarzija
Episode 129 - Who can predict the future?
Did clairvoyant Sylvia Browne accurately predict coronavirus 12 years ago? What was the source of Paul the Octopus's uncanny ability to pick World Cup football winners? And how could an ancient Hebrew prophet sketch the outlines of Jesus' biography, centuries before He was born? Image: Unsplash_Jonathan Sebastiao
Episode 128 - The problem with guilt
Guilt has gone out of fashion—in some circles making someone feel guilty is the ultimate social faux pas. It turns out that we're still afflicted by guilt, but many of us don't know how to deal with it in a healthy way. What can ancient biblical traditions teach us about the problem of guilt and the power of forgiveness? Image: Unsplash_Jacqueline Day
Episode 127 - Who's the true Messiah?
The major world religions seem so different from one another, but it turns out that each of them is awaiting the return of a Chosen One who will mark the end of the world's history as we know it. Are they all talking about the same prophetic figure, or not? Image credit: Phovius_Unsplash
Episode 126 - Racing on Empty
If you feel trapped in a cycle of achievement, hurry and meaninglessness, you'll be able to relate to Iona Rossely's story. Even a speed-skiing accident at 160kph was only a part of what it took to get her to slow down and begin to look for what she really wanted. Image: Supplied
Episode 125 - Is 2020 a crisis point?
“Round and round we go.” It can feel like that sometimes, not only in the context of history but also in our personal lives. How many times can the same mistakes be repeated? Is there an end point? Dr Brad Kemp says there is. And it’s not too far away. Image: Unsplash_Griffin Wooldridge
Episode 124 - Lessons from a firstborn baby
Motherhood is about teaching your baby—how to eat, walk and eventually talk. But what can a baby teach you back?
Episode 123 - Ashley's Nothing New 2020 Challenge
Ashley Stanton decided 2020 would be a year without purchasing brand new fashion apparel. 9 months in, she tells of the the surprising results.
Episode 122 - I don't want Covid to end
Once social isolation came into full force, we found ourselves taking long walks in the late afternoon. I said to her, “I don’t want Covid to end because I don’t want to go back to answering telemarketers.” She replied, “I don’t want Covid to end because I don’t want to go back to getting three kids to three different schools every morning.” And so the conversation went, back and forth, as we watched our kids pedal bikes that had been boring to them only a week before. Image: Jessica Rockowitz_Unsplash
Episode 121 - Origin stories matter
"Where do I come from?" It's a question that goes beyond awkward biology lessons with your children. What you believe about your origins has implications for your identity, purpose and hope for the future. Image: Jose Aljovin_Unsplash
Episode 120 - Prepare to launch
Previous generations had their life course mapped out for them: if you were a woman it was marriage and motherhood; if you were a man it was taking on your father's trade or profession. But today, we find ourselves paralysed by the avalanche of options presented to us, along with messages to "follow your heart", "find your calling" and "fulfil your potential". What's the best way forward? Image credit: Kelly Sikkema, Unsplash
- Episode 119 - Finding my hero
- Episode 118 - 7 Deadly Viruses
- Episode 117 - Vaping: the healthy alternative?
- Episode 116 - Vegan bodybuilder
- Episode 115 - The Papuan Problem
- Episode 114 - What is Armageddon?
- Episode 113 - Arrested for good
- Episode 112 - How to hear God's voice
- Episode 111 - From Pawn to King
- Episode 110 - Finding the right fit
- Episode 109 - Can we beat bullying?
- Episode 108 - How to grow hope
- Episode 107 - The fundamentals of family
- Episode 106 - The Elvis the world forgot
- Episode 105 - Did the Bible predict Covid-19?
- Episode 104 - Justice at the roots
- Episode 103 - Need help to beat debt?
- Episode 102 - Be Human. Connect.
- Episode 101 - The problem with plastic
- Episode 100 - Stopping Traffick
- Episode 99 - Those who survive
- Episode 98 - My first cruise
- Episode 97 - Hardwired for racism?
- Episode 96 - Remember to rest
- Episode 95 - Making sense of the Trinity
- Episode 94 - Learning to Love
- Episode 93 - I Survived Cancer
- Episode 92 - The Christmas Invasion
- Episode 91 - Wake Up Call
- Episode 90 - Disney goes dark
- Episode 89 - Can't sleep on concrete
- Episode 88 - How to make a healthy baby
- Episode 87 - Surviving Year 12
- Episode 86 - Lest We Forget
- Episode 85 - The Reluctant Leader
- Episode 84 - Who was Jesus?
- Episode 83 - The Ultimate Treasure Hunt
- Episode 82 - Comparison is the thief of joy
- Episode 81 - Be Fruitful
- Episode 80 - Workplace Romance
- Episode 79 - Stubborn Faith
- Episode 78 - Going vegan
- Episode 77 - The Illusion of Connection
- Episode 76 - Holy Spirit 101
- Episode 75 - Will you be my neighbour?
- Episode 74 - Making sense of suicide
- Episode 73 - We love to play the game of thrones
- Episode 72 - Men's Shed
- Episode 71 - The death of a child
- Episode 70 - Pestilence
- Episode 69 - Humble Faith
- Episode 68 - Making sense of mass shootings
- Episode 67 - The F-word
- Episode 66 - The What and How-to of Spirituality
- Episode 65 - All Juiced Up
- Episode 64 - Hope and the End of History
- Episode 63 - The New Pharisees
- Episode 62 - Fit to print
- Episode 61 - Battling Dr Google
- Episode 60 - Meeting Muslims
- Episode 59 - The accidental environmentalist
- Episode 58 - How to fight on Facebook . . . and win
- Episode 57 - Make sure some paths are dirt
- Episode 56 - Eating Together
- Episode 55 - Elope
- Episode 54 - Paradox
- Episode 53 - Australia and the Bible
- Episode 52 - Fatherhood after separation
- Episode 51 - Global Warming
- Episode 50 - Obsessive-compulsive
- Episode 49 - The grand, unified theory . . . of the chair
- Episode 48 - Divorce
- Episode 47 - Caribbean Mudcake
- Episode 46 - Mass surveillance
- Episode 45 - Adoption
- Episode 44 - Hallelujah!
- Episode 43 - Schools & Religion
- Episode 42 - Mentor
- Episode 41 - Mediator
- Episode 40 - Hypersonic
- Episode 39 - Anzacs Speak
- Episode 38 - Refugees
- Episode 37 - How to give your money away
- Episode 36 - Our slum, our home
- Episode 35 - The Sabbath Community
- Episode 34 - Brain Choke
- Episode 33 - Robot Reality
- Episode 32 - Medicinal Cannabis
- Episode 31 - Fathers Day
- Episode 30 - Practising Faith
- Episode 29 - Baptism
- Episode 28 - Fatherhood
- Episode 27 - Laughter
- Episode 26 - Public/Private
- Episode 25 - Meet Daniel Kuberek
- Episode 24 - Indigenous Christian
- Episode 23 - Eternity
- Episode 22 - Humblebrag
- Episode 21 - Beauty
- Episode 20 - Live More Happy
- Episode 19 - Blood In, Blood Out
- Episode 18 - Death
- Episode 17 - Who Made God?
- Episode 16 - Good Death
- Episode 15 - Bible Basics
- Episode 14 - Smoking
- Episode 13 - Escape the Grid
- Episode 12 - Beautiful Maths
- Episode 11 - Killing Time
- Episode 10 - Stress
- Episode 9 - Waldenses
- Episode 8 - Godless?
- Episode 7 - Passover
- Episode 6 - Rohingya
- Episode 5 - Messiah
- Episode 4 - Hitched
- Episode 3 - Hard Luck
- Episode 2 - Dolly Doctor
- Episode 1 - Bucket