Episode 142 - The Deepfake dilemma
Deepfakes involve putting a person's ultra-realistic likeness and voice into videos where they are not present. Tom Cruise, George Lucas and even president Barack Obama have all been deepfaked. Can this new technology unsettle the world?
Episode 141 - What is the origin of life?
Did life first originate in a floating spore, a pond or as a result of an intelligent designer? Australian scientist Dr John Ashton looks at the evidence, and weighs it against the question—what are the chances that life can be formed out of non-living organisms? Photo credit: Hisu Lee
Episode 140 - The truth about pornography
As homes locked down all over the world, Onlyfans—a website popular with online pornography—has made worldwide headlines. What seems like an easy money-making scheme raises serious ethical questions for both creator and consumer . . . Photo: Noah Buscher
Episode 139 - Where did the Universe come from?
Big bang, creation or something in between? Dr Sven Ostring unpacks theories about the origins of the universe, and where we can find answers. Photo credit: NASA.
Episode 138 - When to compete, when to cooperate?
When should we cooperate or stand our ground? What would that look like at a global level of international politics with critical issues like climate change and human rights? Mark Delaney joins us this week in search of an answer. Photo credit: Bill Oxford
Episode 137 - The Ultimate Christmas gift
Christmas in 2020 will be unlike any other. Many around Australia will be spending December 25 away from family in other states. This year has already provided opportunity for many to slow down and refocus their priorities. As we head into the Christmas silly season, Nathan Brown guides us through honing in on why this celebration matters—and how it can shape our life after December 25.
Episode 136 - The University assignment that changed lives
Jessica Krause and her classmates decided to tackle "pandemic" domestic violence in Papua New Guinea for a tertiary assignment. Long after her grades arrived, the project is still changing lives.
Episode 135 - Do you support slavery?
There's no doubt about it—slavery is wrong. Ask the average person on the street and they'll agree with you. But are we supporting it in other ways, like . . . through our shopping? Or our silence on the issue? In his last Signs of the Times Radio show as host, Kent asks Fuzz Kitto those very questions. Photo credit: Johannes Krupinski
Episode 134 - Follow the light
You may have heard about near-death experiences; where people who are declared deceased remember entering another realm before waking up on earth. It's a highly debated topic. What's the scientific explanation? Or the spiritual one? Photo credit: PxFuel
Episode 133 - Mums need mums
Being a mum can be isolating at the best of times. What mums need is to connect with other women going through similar experiences, which is exactly what the Mums At The Table project enables. And maybe it's not just mums who need connection and support . . .
Episode 132 - Jeffrey Epstein's Justice?
The untimely death of accused serial abuser Jeffery Epstein has caused anguish among those who wanted to see him face a courtroom and be forced to reveal just how far the tentacles of his abuse networks extended. More than ever, we need a God of love and justice.
Episode 131 - What is church?
What comes to mind when you hear the word "church"? An historical artefact or Hillsong? How about a grassroots movement of people making a difference in their local communities? That's what the leader of the Adventist Church in Sydney wants to see. Image: Nina Strehl_Unsplash
- Episode 130 - The truth about death
- Episode 129 - Who can predict the future?
- Episode 128 - The problem with guilt
- Episode 127 - Who's the true Messiah?
- Episode 126 - Racing on Empty
- Episode 125 - Is 2020 a crisis point?
- Episode 124 - Lessons from a firstborn baby
- Episode 123 - Ashley's Nothing New 2020 Challenge
- Episode 122 - I don't want Covid to end
- Episode 121 - Origin stories matter
- Episode 120 - Prepare to launch
- Episode 119 - Finding my hero
- Episode 118 - 7 Deadly Viruses
- Episode 117 - Vaping: the healthy alternative?
- Episode 116 - Vegan bodybuilder
- Episode 115 - The Papuan Problem
- Episode 114 - What is Armageddon?
- Episode 113 - Arrested for good
- Episode 112 - How to hear God's voice
- Episode 111 - From Pawn to King
- Episode 110 - Finding the right fit
- Episode 109 - Can we beat bullying?
- Episode 108 - How to grow hope
- Episode 107 - The fundamentals of family
- Episode 106 - The Elvis the world forgot
- Episode 105 - Did the Bible predict Covid-19?
- Episode 104 - Justice at the roots
- Episode 103 - Need help to beat debt?
- Episode 102 - Be Human. Connect.
- Episode 101 - The problem with plastic
- Episode 100 - Stopping Traffick
- Episode 99 - Those who survive
- Episode 98 - My first cruise
- Episode 97 - Hardwired for racism?
- Episode 96 - Remember to rest
- Episode 95 - Making sense of the Trinity
- Episode 94 - Learning to Love
- Episode 93 - I Survived Cancer
- Episode 92 - The Christmas Invasion
- Episode 91 - Wake Up Call
- Episode 90 - Disney goes dark
- Episode 89 - Can't sleep on concrete
- Episode 88 - How to make a healthy baby
- Episode 87 - Surviving Year 12
- Episode 86 - Lest We Forget
- Episode 85 - The Reluctant Leader
- Episode 84 - Who was Jesus?
- Episode 83 - The Ultimate Treasure Hunt
- Episode 82 - Comparison is the thief of joy
- Episode 81 - Be Fruitful
- Episode 80 - Workplace Romance
- Episode 79 - Stubborn Faith
- Episode 78 - Going vegan
- Episode 77 - The Illusion of Connection
- Episode 76 - Holy Spirit 101
- Episode 75 - Will you be my neighbour?
- Episode 74 - Making sense of suicide
- Episode 73 - We love to play the game of thrones
- Episode 72 - Men's Shed
- Episode 71 - The death of a child
- Episode 70 - Pestilence
- Episode 69 - Humble Faith
- Episode 68 - Making sense of mass shootings
- Episode 67 - The F-word
- Episode 66 - The What and How-to of Spirituality
- Episode 65 - All Juiced Up
- Episode 64 - Hope and the End of History
- Episode 63 - The New Pharisees
- Episode 62 - Fit to print
- Episode 61 - Battling Dr Google
- Episode 60 - Meeting Muslims
- Episode 59 - The accidental environmentalist
- Episode 58 - How to fight on Facebook . . . and win
- Episode 57 - Make sure some paths are dirt
- Episode 56 - Eating Together
- Episode 55 - Elope
- Episode 54 - Paradox
- Episode 53 - Australia and the Bible
- Episode 52 - Fatherhood after separation
- Episode 51 - Global Warming
- Episode 50 - Obsessive-compulsive
- Episode 49 - The grand, unified theory . . . of the chair
- Episode 48 - Divorce
- Episode 47 - Caribbean Mudcake
- Episode 46 - Mass surveillance
- Episode 45 - Adoption
- Episode 44 - Hallelujah!
- Episode 43 - Schools & Religion
- Episode 42 - Mentor
- Episode 41 - Mediator
- Episode 40 - Hypersonic
- Episode 39 - Anzacs Speak
- Episode 38 - Refugees
- Episode 37 - How to give your money away
- Episode 36 - Our slum, our home
- Episode 35 - The Sabbath Community
- Episode 34 - Brain Choke
- Episode 33 - Robot Reality
- Episode 32 - Medicinal Cannabis
- Episode 31 - Fathers Day
- Episode 30 - Practising Faith
- Episode 29 - Baptism
- Episode 28 - Fatherhood
- Episode 27 - Laughter
- Episode 26 - Public/Private
- Episode 25 - Meet Daniel Kuberek
- Episode 24 - Indigenous Christian
- Episode 23 - Eternity
- Episode 22 - Humblebrag
- Episode 21 - Beauty
- Episode 20 - Live More Happy
- Episode 19 - Blood In, Blood Out
- Episode 18 - Death
- Episode 17 - Who Made God?
- Episode 16 - Good Death
- Episode 15 - Bible Basics
- Episode 14 - Smoking
- Episode 13 - Escape the Grid
- Episode 12 - Beautiful Maths
- Episode 11 - Killing Time
- Episode 10 - Stress
- Episode 9 - Waldenses
- Episode 8 - Godless?
- Episode 7 - Passover
- Episode 6 - Rohingya
- Episode 5 - Messiah
- Episode 4 - Hitched
- Episode 3 - Hard Luck
- Episode 2 - Dolly Doctor
- Episode 1 - Bucket