Episode 158 - I wasn't OK. This is my story ft. Ashley Stanton
Asking someone if they're OK can be one of the kindest acts you do. Just ask Ashley Stanton, who candidly shares about her mental health journey in this week's podcast.
Episode 157 - What "The Tomorrow War" says about fatherhood ft. Mark Hadley
When Chris Pratt's Dan Forrester in "The Tomorrow War" goes to the future to fight aliens for the sake of his family, it continues a Hollywood trope of fathers who are positively transformed by crisis. But is that the way it really works?
Episode 156 - My beef with meat ft. Juliana Muniz
Juliana Muniz never knew any way other than Brazilian culinary tradition—eating meat for almost every single meal of the day. She shares about how she discovered a tastier, healthier alternative that changed her health and life.
Episode 155 - I used to be a clairvoyant ft Cathy Hookham
Cathy Hookham thought it was angels telling her what people would do before they did, where objects had been and things that'd happened to her family in the past before she was born. She breaks down exactly what she saw and experienced and why it was angels—three of them in fact—that changed everything. Warning: this podcast contains graphic descriptions of sexual violence and spiritual themes. Listener discretion is advised.
Episode 154 - Are spiritual forces real? ft. Jarrod Stackelroth
Alien, ghost and paranormal sightings have been reported around the globe for centuries—suggesting there's a realm that we can't see or touch. Even if you're skeptical, it's still worth looking for an answer . . . Photo credit: Sharon McCutcheon
Episode 153 - "God-like" social media algorithms? ft. Ryan Stanton
For a number of years, the big fear about artificial intelligence is that it'll become out of humankind's control. It's arguable whether we're there yet, but the processes involved in creating these algorithms are certainly shrouded in mystery—driving many to call them "God-like". The question is: what IS God like? Photo: Visuals—Unsplash
Episode 152 - The different types of justice ft. Ryan Stanton & Eddie Hypolite
Guest host Ryan Stanton discusses various forms of justice and their implication with author, public speaker and corporate wellness consultant Eddie Hypolite.
Episode 151 – Heal country ft. Brenton Turner
Brenton Turner joins us to discuss the 2021 NAIDOC week theme "Heal Country", shares his own family's harrowing ordeals as part of the stolen generation and also discusses a hopeful future for Indigenous Australians.
Episode 150 - Clearing up naturopathy myths ft. Kendra Samuels
If you've been watching the news recently, you may have heard a few controversial things about naturopaths. We are joined by qualified and practising naturopath Kendra Samuels. Her day job includes clearing up health issues, but today she'll be clearing up the question: what do naturopaths really do?
Episode 149 - Football and identity ft. Todd Brodie
Todd Brodie is a Strength and Conditioning coach and former footballer for Marconi Stallions, Sydney FC and Sydney United. His journey with the sport has taken him from the Australian Institute of Sport to England and back to Australia. He shares about identity, faith, mental health and his predictions for Euro 2020.
Episode 148 - Does prayer work? ft. Nathan Brown
Prayer is a complex and sometimes ambiguous topic. Why are some prayers answered while others aren't? Join us this week as we wrap our heads around these big questions and seek to better understand the practice that is a staple of many religions. Photo credit: Youssef Naddam
Episode 147 - Furious franchise, fantasy masculinity ft. Mark Hadley
There is little doubt that movies from the Fast and Furious saga have proved a hit with fans. The big impact of the franchise also leaves questions about its influence on a generation of viewers.
- Episode 146 - How to deal with toxic friendships ft. Ashley Stanton
- Episode 145 - How my Coeliac Disease changed everything ft. Kylie Banks
- Episode 144 - Reconciling with my mum ft. Maryellen Hacko
- Episode 143 - ANZAC Day's complicated past ft. Daniel Reynaud
- Episode 142 - The Deepfake dilemma ft. Nathan Tasker
- Episode 141 - What is the origin of life? ft. Dr John Ashton
- Episode 140 - The truth about pornography ft. Caitlin Jankiewicz
- Episode 139 - Where did the Universe come from? ft. Dr Sven Ostring
- Episode 138 - When to compete, when to cooperate? ft. Mark Delaney
- Episode 137 - The Ultimate Christmas gift ft. Nathan Brown
- Episode 136 - The University assignment that changed lives ft. Jessica Krause
- Episode 135 - Do you support slavery?
- Episode 134 - Follow the light
- Episode 133 - Mums need mums
- Episode 132 - Jeffrey Epstein's Justice?
- Episode 131 - What is church?
- Episode 130 - The truth about death
- Episode 129 - Who can predict the future?
- Episode 128 - The problem with guilt
- Episode 127 - Who's the true Messiah?
- Episode 126 - Racing on Empty
- Episode 125 - Is 2020 a crisis point?
- Episode 124 - Lessons from a firstborn baby
- Episode 123 - Ashley's Nothing New 2020 Challenge
- Episode 122 - I don't want Covid to end
- Episode 121 - Origin stories matter
- Episode 120 - Prepare to launch
- Episode 119 - Finding my hero
- Episode 118 - 7 Deadly Viruses
- Episode 117 - Vaping: the healthy alternative?
- Episode 116 - Vegan bodybuilder
- Episode 115 - The Papuan Problem
- Episode 114 - What is Armageddon?
- Episode 113 - Arrested for good
- Episode 112 - How to hear God's voice
- Episode 111 - From Pawn to King
- Episode 110 - Finding the right fit
- Episode 109 - Can we beat bullying?
- Episode 108 - How to grow hope
- Episode 107 - The fundamentals of family
- Episode 106 - The Elvis the world forgot
- Episode 105 - Did the Bible predict Covid-19?
- Episode 104 - Justice at the roots
- Episode 103 - Need help to beat debt?
- Episode 102 - Be Human. Connect.
- Episode 101 - The problem with plastic
- Episode 100 - Stopping Traffick
- Episode 99 - Those who survive
- Episode 98 - My first cruise
- Episode 97 - Hardwired for racism?
- Episode 96 - Remember to rest
- Episode 95 - Making sense of the Trinity
- Episode 94 - Learning to Love
- Episode 93 - I Survived Cancer
- Episode 92 - The Christmas Invasion
- Episode 91 - Wake Up Call
- Episode 90 - Disney goes dark
- Episode 89 - Can't sleep on concrete
- Episode 88 - How to make a healthy baby
- Episode 87 - Surviving Year 12
- Episode 86 - Lest We Forget
- Episode 85 - The Reluctant Leader
- Episode 84 - Who was Jesus?
- Episode 83 - The Ultimate Treasure Hunt
- Episode 82 - Comparison is the thief of joy
- Episode 81 - Be Fruitful
- Episode 80 - Workplace Romance
- Episode 79 - Stubborn Faith
- Episode 78 - Going vegan
- Episode 77 - The Illusion of Connection
- Episode 76 - Holy Spirit 101
- Episode 75 - Will you be my neighbour?
- Episode 74 - Making sense of suicide
- Episode 73 - We love to play the game of thrones
- Episode 72 - Men's Shed
- Episode 71 - The death of a child
- Episode 70 - Pestilence
- Episode 69 - Humble Faith
- Episode 68 - Making sense of mass shootings
- Episode 67 - The F-word
- Episode 66 - The What and How-to of Spirituality
- Episode 65 - All Juiced Up
- Episode 64 - Hope and the End of History
- Episode 63 - The New Pharisees
- Episode 62 - Fit to print
- Episode 61 - Battling Dr Google
- Episode 60 - Meeting Muslims
- Episode 59 - The accidental environmentalist
- Episode 58 - How to fight on Facebook . . . and win
- Episode 57 - Make sure some paths are dirt
- Episode 56 - Eating Together
- Episode 55 - Elope
- Episode 54 - Paradox
- Episode 53 - Australia and the Bible
- Episode 52 - Fatherhood after separation
- Episode 51 - Global Warming
- Episode 50 - Obsessive-compulsive
- Episode 49 - The grand, unified theory . . . of the chair
- Episode 48 - Divorce
- Episode 47 - Caribbean Mudcake
- Episode 46 - Mass surveillance
- Episode 45 - Adoption
- Episode 44 - Hallelujah!
- Episode 43 - Schools & Religion
- Episode 42 - Mentor
- Episode 41 - Mediator
- Episode 40 - Hypersonic
- Episode 39 - Anzacs Speak
- Episode 38 - Refugees
- Episode 37 - How to give your money away
- Episode 36 - Our slum, our home
- Episode 35 - The Sabbath Community
- Episode 34 - Brain Choke
- Episode 33 - Robot Reality
- Episode 32 - Medicinal Cannabis
- Episode 31 - Fathers Day
- Episode 30 - Practising Faith
- Episode 29 - Baptism
- Episode 28 - Fatherhood
- Episode 27 - Laughter
- Episode 26 - Public/Private
- Episode 25 - Meet Daniel Kuberek
- Episode 24 - Indigenous Christian
- Episode 23 - Eternity
- Episode 22 - Humblebrag
- Episode 21 - Beauty
- Episode 20 - Live More Happy
- Episode 19 - Blood In, Blood Out
- Episode 18 - Death
- Episode 17 - Who Made God?
- Episode 16 - Good Death
- Episode 15 - Bible Basics
- Episode 14 - Smoking
- Episode 13 - Escape the Grid
- Episode 12 - Beautiful Maths
- Episode 11 - Killing Time
- Episode 10 - Stress
- Episode 9 - Waldenses
- Episode 8 - Godless?
- Episode 7 - Passover
- Episode 6 - Rohingya
- Episode 5 - Messiah
- Episode 4 - Hitched
- Episode 3 - Hard Luck
- Episode 2 - Dolly Doctor
- Episode 1 - Bucket