Episode 83 - The Ultimate Treasure Hunt
Taylor Swift's habit of dropping cryptic hints about her upcoming music projects got high school teacher Kira-Leigh Josey thinking about the world's longest running treasure hunt and the search for the ultimate Lover.
Episode 82 - Comparison is the thief of joy
If focusing on the accomplishments and attributes of other people is making you miserable, here are some handy tips to help you escape the deadly cycle of comparison. Image: Joshua Rawson—Unsplash
Episode 81 - Be Fruitful
In the scramble to 'get rich quick', is it possible that we've missed what real wealth is?
Episode 80 - Workplace Romance
From workmate to soulmate? Dating a colleague is fraught with danger and can end in a total trainwreck - not just in terms of the romance, but also your career. Despite this, 40% of us have dated at work. Suzanne Bocking has worked in HR and as a counsellor - she has some practical tips to help you avoid the pitfalls.
Episode 79 - Stubborn Faith
When you're angry at God, pray. When there's nothing left that worth saying, pray. How can faith in God survive the kind of unthinkable suffering that occurred in Auschwitz?
Episode 78 - Going vegan
For 15 years, Mariana Venturi considered cutting animal products out of her diet, but just couldn't manage to follow through. Then she read "The Healthiest People on Earth" by John Howard Weeks.
Episode 77 - The Illusion of Connection
So you've just spent four hours scrolling through all your social media feeds, giving likes and hearts and cute comments. You've caught up with what all your friends are doing and it's supposed to be fun. So why do you feel so lonely and depressed? Digital natives Maryellen Fairfax and Jessica Krause do some soul searching with host Kent Kingston.
Episode 76 - Holy Spirit 101
While many of the world's major world religions find a place for Jesus Christ within their beliefs, Christianity's teaching of the Holy Spirit - the Third Person of the Trinity - is much more unique. Author, theologian and high school religion teacher Jotham Kingston lays out the basics.
Episode 75 - Will you be my neighbour?
Denmark-born Kirsten Oster-Lundqvist has lived in different countries around the world — now she's in New Zealand. She says her experience as a global nomad has given her a glimpse into the cultural dislocation that impacts newly arrived refugees . . . but only a tiny glimpse.
Episode 74 - Making sense of suicide
When Aleta Bainbridge's grandson, Leonard, took his own life, the shock and grief reverberated around the family. Leonard had believed a lie, and Aleta wishes from the depths of her heart that he had known the full truth of how precious he really was. If only . . . If this episode brings up difficult emotions for you, please speak to a trusted support person or contact a community organisation such as Australia's Lifeline - 13 11 14. You are not alone.
Episode 73 - We love to play the game of thrones
What does our obsession with this blood-soaked epic tell us about the human hunger for meaning and significance? Cultural commentator and media critic Mark Hadley offers his insights.
Episode 72 - Men's Shed
Trying to get some men to open up about their emotions and struggles is well-nigh impossible. But put a screwdriver in their hand and a practical project in front of them—it's incredible what can get fixed!
- Episode 71 - The death of a child
- Episode 70 - Pestilence
- Episode 69 - Humble Faith
- Episode 68 - Making sense of mass shootings
- Episode 67 - The F-word
- Episode 66 - The What and How-to of Spirituality
- Episode 65 - All Juiced Up
- Episode 64 - Hope and the End of History
- Episode 63 - The New Pharisees
- Episode 62 - Fit to print
- Episode 61 - Battling Dr Google
- Episode 60 - Meeting Muslims
- Episode 59 - The accidental environmentalist
- Episode 58 - How to fight on Facebook . . . and win
- Episode 57 - Make sure some paths are dirt
- Episode 56 - Eating Together
- Episode 55 - Elope
- Episode 54 - Paradox
- Episode 53 - Australia and the Bible
- Episode 52 - Fatherhood after separation
- Episode 51 - Global Warming
- Episode 50 - Obsessive-compulsive
- Episode 49 - The grand, unified theory . . . of the chair
- Episode 48 - Divorce
- Episode 47 - Caribbean Mudcake
- Episode 46 - Mass surveillance
- Episode 45 - Adoption
- Episode 44 - Hallelujah!
- Episode 43 - Schools & Religion
- Episode 42 - Mentor
- Episode 41 - Mediator
- Episode 40 - Hypersonic
- Episode 39 - Anzacs Speak
- Episode 38 - Refugees
- Episode 37 - How to give your money away
- Episode 36 - Our slum, our home
- Episode 35 - The Sabbath Community
- Episode 34 - Brain Choke
- Episode 33 - Robot Reality
- Episode 32 - Medicinal Cannabis
- Episode 31 - Fathers Day
- Episode 30 - Practising Faith
- Episode 29 - Baptism
- Episode 28 - Fatherhood
- Episode 27 - Laughter
- Episode 26 - Public/Private
- Episode 25 - Meet Daniel Kuberek
- Episode 24 - Indigenous Christian
- Episode 23 - Eternity
- Episode 22 - Humblebrag
- Episode 21 - Beauty
- Episode 20 - Live More Happy
- Episode 19 - Blood In, Blood Out
- Episode 18 - Death
- Episode 17 - Who Made God?
- Episode 16 - Good Death
- Episode 15 - Bible Basics
- Episode 14 - Smoking
- Episode 13 - Escape the Grid
- Episode 12 - Beautiful Maths
- Episode 11 - Killing Time
- Episode 10 - Stress
- Episode 9 - Waldenses
- Episode 8 - Godless?
- Episode 7 - Passover
- Episode 6 - Rohingya
- Episode 5 - Messiah
- Episode 4 - Hitched
- Episode 3 - Hard Luck
- Episode 2 - Dolly Doctor
- Episode 1 - Bucket