Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
2 tsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
5 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce (or gluten-free soy sauce)
180g flat rice noodles
1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 bunch broccolini, cut into flowerets
200g japanese tofu, sliced
2 baby bok choy, chopped
1 sheet nori, roughly broken
1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add garlic, ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
2. Stir through stock, miso and soy sauce. Bring mixture to the boil.
3. Add noodles, carrot, broccolini and tofu. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add bok choy. Divide mixture evenly between four bowls.
5. Serve topped with nori and black sesame seeds.
Ramen is a Japanese clear soup full of colourful vegetables, some protein and noodles.
PER SERVE: Energy 622 kJ; 158 Cal; Protein 2.2g; Fat 7.9g; Saturated fat 3.9g; Carbohydrate 20g; Sugars 11.8g; Fibre 0.7g; Sodium 149mg; Potassium 64mg; Calcium 26mg; Iron 0.5mg.